The camp is organized by the CLUB FOR UNESCO OF PIRAEUS & ISLANDS
for groups aged 7-10, and 11-17 years old;
period of stay -14 days
Club for UNESCO of Piraeus and Islands International Youth Camp in Greece is a great educational and ecological holiday program for children at the Aegean coast! It is a unique camp that combines a healthy lifestyle and healthy thinking, sports and art, history and culture, education and leisure. The Club for UNESCO of Piraeus and Islands
Summer Camp is designed in ECO style. The leisure activities include learning foreign languages, sports, entertainment, games, quests and quizzes. Furthermore, it's the right daily routine, security, guardianship of the attendants, daily conversations, myths of Ancient Greece and excursions. And, of course, cultural activities, dancing, enjoy the sea, the sun and make a lot of new frie nds! The Summer Camp means p ermanent communication with educators only in English and daily lessons of English and Greek. The language modules have been provided by professional teachers and developed for children with language proﬁciency of levels A1-A2, B1-B2 in accordance with the international standards of the Association of Language Experts in Europe (ALTE) and approved by the CLUB FOR UNESCO OF PIRAEUS & ISLANDS. Accommodation at the "Club Ermiony Hotel" the biggest tree star hotel resort of Peloponese that is located on a private peninsula of 230.000sq.m only 6 km distance from the town of Ermioni, Argolis Prefecture, 190 km away from Athens and 55 nautical miles from the port of Piraeus. The great Cape running far out into the Sea practically separates the Argolida Bay from the high sea, forming an extremely beautiful harbor, on the shores of which the small town of Porto Heliis located. The hotel is in a beautiful olive and orange trees park with four own private sandy beaches and its gentle walk to the sea.
- Accommodation in triple rooms with amenities (a hairdryer, a refrigerator,air conditioning and a TV-set)
- 3 meals a day
- daily bathing in the sea or in the pool
- daily sport (yoga, pilates, aerobics)
- excursions to UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- English and Greek lenguage lessons every day
- Greek dancing lessons
- sports games and quests under the supervision of educators and trainers
- 24-hour security, medical service.
EXPERIENCE AND REPUTATION:
The area of the hotel is fenced and guarded. Entrance of outsiders, without a special pass, is FORBIDDEN.
Children are under 24-hour supervision of educators, trainers and attendants.
Spetses is a small but very picturesque island with a multitude of eucalyptus and pine forests, mosaic streets and magnificent beaches. Earlier known as Pityousa, meaning “pine-clad”, Spetses also boasts of a lot of herbs and plants, of which spices are made. The island has its ancient sea traditions. Here you will not see any transport, except for bicycles and mopeds, it is forbidden here. It makes the island ecologically clean and attracts tourists. The symbol of the island is the image of heroine Lascarina Bubulina, a rich widow, who after the death of her husband during the war of 1821 for independence assumed command of the ship and fought against the Turks, with which she gained reputation and love among the citizens of Spetses. On the Dapia Quay, there is a monument to this brave woman. There is also a house-museum, dedicated to her that we will visit. No less interesting is the museum located in the mansion of Hadji Janis Meksi. Here, there is a collection of historical artifacts and some of them date back more than 400 years.
The tour starts in Mycenaea. Mycenaea stretches in the very center of Argos, which is also called the pasture for
horses, in the north-east of Argolida. Mycenaea were praised by Homer in his poem Iliad; they were and built in the
elevation between the two mountains and dominate over all the roads, even those that run to the sea 15 km away
from here. For good reason, the whole Mycenaean civilization was called after the town and indeed, due to its very
advantageous location, handicraft and trade grew very rapidly. Nearby, there is ancient Epidaurus (Greek Ἐπίδαυρος),
a small ancient Greek town of Peloponnesus on the shores of the Saronic Gulf. It is known for its antique amphitheater
with exceptional acoustics. Until now, plays by ancient Greek playwrights are performed on this stage.
And, finally, there is Nafplion, a town on the Peloponnese peninsula, which had been the first capital of Greece in
1828-1833. It is one of the most picturesque towns in Greece. According to the ancient Greek mythology, the town
was founded by Nauplius, the son of Poseidon and Amymone, who called it “Nauplia”.
Admission to all museums and areas of all historical monuments of Greek culture is free of charge and organized by the CLUB FOR UNESCO OF PIRAEUS & ISLANDS.Our guides introduce children to the history of Ancient Greece, myths and monuments of architecture.The price of the excursions is included in the price of the tour. There is also an opportunity to choose other different excursions for an additional payment.
- round tables
- meetings with interesting people
- quests and quizzes
- Greek traditional dance lessons
- master classes- evening walks
- celebration of birthdays and holidays
Greece is a country of the European Union and an entry into and stay in which is allowed only afterhaving being granted a visa or with a biometric passport. Medical and sports insurance is requiredfor the whole period of the child's stay abroad.The accompanying person is obliged: to supervise the safety of children during the tour, to be responsible for the preservation of all documents from the moment of departure of the children abroad and till the time of return to Ukraine. All children must have valid passports.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO TRAVEL IN GREECE:
1. The form (2 photos 3.5 / 4.5)
2. Passport for traveling abroad (copy and original)
3. Copy and original copy of the birth certificate
4. Certificate from the place of study5. Certificate of marriage (divorce) of parents
6. Guarantee of both parents (the parents take on all expenses during the child's stay abroad) - this phrase must be in the guarantee; the original and the copy must be certified by a notary public.
7. Confirmation by one of the parents about their income, or a certificate from the workplace, or a bank account.
THE TRAVELS ARE AVAILABLE ONLY SUBJECT TO PRELIMINARY BOOKING
fill the form in our site "participation in program 2018" or book it through the official representative of the exchange program "Apollon" of the CLUB FOR UNESCO OF PIRAEUS & ISLANDS
PRICE OF THE TOUR:
35 Euros per person per day
- transfer (airport-hotel-airport)
- accommodation in three-bed rooms with amenities
- 3 meals a day
- two intensive historic and country
-heritage tours of the cultural monuments of Greece
- transportation costs in Greece
- all educational modules of English and Greek
- all educational and interactive modules
- photo and video tour protoco
l- all entertainment activities
- daily swimming in the sea under the supervision of educators
- Greek traditional dance lessons
- master classes
- visa (if required) and the price of visa granting services (preparation of documents, translations, etc.)
- transfer to Kiev (if necessary)
- flight Kyiv-Athens-Kyiv
- support of a Ukrainian-speaking educator
TERMS FOR PARENTS:
- the possibility of purchasing the tour by parents
- the possibility of parents' and children's stay in one room
- excursions and meals are included in the tour price
- filling in the form
- providing all documents for registration
- absence of contraindications concerning the health of the child
BOOK THE TOUR BY PHONE:
+380679224775 - Anna-Mariya Khmyz
Director for International Relations of the Club for UNESCO of Piraeus and Islands and Head of Youth Apollon and Poseidon Cultural Exchange Programs in Ukraine.
On the first day of the arrival at the camp, educators conduct instruction to children on all major issues.But the main request to you, parents, is to hold a conversation with your child about importance toobserve the rules of stay in the camp, despite the protection, on the prohibition to leave orarbitrarily stay away from group, and the prohibition to travel independently in a country, the language of which the children do not understand. Although Greece is an extremely friendly country, one should remember the elementary safety rules. Recommend your child to be friendly and sociable in order to make as many friends as possible.
Club for UNESCO of Piraeus and Islands
Όμιλος UNESCO Πειραιώς & Νήσων"Building peace in the minds of people"
Πέτρου Ράλλη 210 & Θησέως 1,Νίκαια
Ms. Anna-Mariya Khmyz
International Relations Director of the Club and responsible for the youth exchangeprograms Apollon and Poseidon